Battery levels no longer showing/working

I was running Home Assistant on a Thin client with a few other devices, many of which are battery operated including the Zemismart Blind Motor. All are connected with Zigbee2mqtt. I have a separate dashboard page showing battery levels for some of these devices which was working great. The motor was showing 18% so I charged it 90%. I then made a backup of my HA as I was moving to a new Thin Client.

I restored everything and all seems to be working. However the motor still shows 18%. I charged it again for a while but still 18%, even on Z2M page. Then 3 days later, I removed it from Z2M (not forced) and re added, but now it shows battery level as unknown.

2 days later I added the motor to a new home assistant machine with z2m and the battery is showing as N/A%

Was bought from AliExpress

Hi, could you please send us the Model information shown for the product in Home Assistant? I’ll forward it to our technical team so they can check the issue.

Hi it’s ZM16B.

What is the best way to remove from Z2M and also resetting to factory settings?

hello, kindly a sreen shot of the model in HA , we will confirm the firmware first

Here you go

sorry again, have you used our converters

Yes I tried this with Claude yesterday and it didn’t work. It told me this is on the upstream for Zigbee2mqtt and to wait for next update.

Our technical team confirmed that we haven’t uploaded this file to the upstream repository yet. We’re not sure if another user uploaded it.

Could you please try adding the configuration manually and test it again? We’ll upload it from our side as well.

How do I do it exactly?

I gave Claude this link

https://forum.zemismart.com/t/zemismart-zm16b-how-to-add-external-converter-in-zigbee2mqtt/126
kindly check if this guide work for.

When open the link It’s says Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

sorry , now can work

I just did it, restarted Z2M and HA and battery still not working

could you provide your order number? We will check your order information first. Our after-sales team will contact you regarding this issue.

Bought on 4th August 3075069527200866

could we send you a new motoe to test first?
and We would appreciate your help in returning the faulty motor to us. Our technical team needs to inspect and analyze the motor to identify the cause of the issue and improve our products.

We will cover the return shipping cost. However, due to our payment process, we kindly ask you to pay the shipping fee first, and we will refund the shipping cost to you after we receive the receipt or shipping proof.

Thank you very much for your support and understanding. Your cooperation will help us investigate the issue more efficiently.

thanks
best regards!
Whatsapp:+8613078820624
Wechat:13078820624

Z****emismart tuya direct shop

---- Replied Message ----

From | Mahitonotifications@zemismart.discoursemail.com |

  • | - |
    Date | 9/24/2026 15:05 |
    To | haco@zemismart.com |
    Subject | Zemismart: Battery levels no longer showing/working |

Someone replied to your post.

| Mahito
September 24 |

  • | - |

Bought on 4th August 3075069527200866

When I tried with AI

after it didnt work it said

could i send you a new motor to test first?

thanks
best regards!
Whatsapp:+8613078820624
Wechat:13078820624

Z****emismart tuya direct shop

---- Replied Message ----

From | Mahitonotifications@zemismart.discoursemail.com |

  • | - |
    Date | 9/25/2026 07:26 |
    To | haco@zemismart.com |
    Subject | Zemismart: Battery levels no longer showing/working |

Someone replied to your post.

| Mahito
September 24 |

  • | - |

When I tried with AI

after it didnt work it said

ok,dear customer. i replied your mail already. kindly check it.

So yesterday I think I got it working. This is with zemismart_zm16b.js in this folder /homeassistant/zigbee2mqtt/external_converters/

In the Zigbe2MQTT webgui > settings > advanced and check enable_external_js. Then I went to Tools and clicked Restart Zigbe2MQTT then see if enable_external_js is still enabled and it was.

Then in the same folder there should be a configuration.yaml. I made a new line at the end and pasted this

external_converters:
- external_converters/zemismart_zm16b.js

My battery was already showing N/A but Claude thought it just showed now

then I told Claude to do it :face_without_mouth:

Battery is showing 100% but I thought it would be a little lower as I charged it last week and opened/closed the blind multiple times.

So today after nearly 24 hours I noticed what I pasted in the configuration.yaml is no longer there. I added it again and restarted Zigbee2MQTT and its still not there.

The battery is still showing 100% so I dont know if its truly working or not.